Thursday, February 08, 2007

Restaurant review - DeDutch Pannekoek House.

Well, I finally set foot in DeDutch Pannekoek House. I went today for breakfast/brunch to the Oak and 16th Avenue location. Now, before doing my restaurant review, I should say that I am actually grateful, not so much for the restaurant, but for the friend who took me there (I was feeling quite depressed and thus it was very nice to go for brunch with her -- again, thank God for friends!!!).

Anyhow, I digress... We ordered standard brunch fare (scrambled eggs, sausage, toast) and I got garden salad as a side. Salad. Ok, that was VERY weird. But I was so hungry (and the dressing was so nice) that I ate it all. Then I went to my brunch items. You can't screw up scrambled eggs, really. The coffee was great, but as far as brunch goes, I was, quite frankly, unimpressed. Maybe it was the fact that I did not actually order pancakes (the house specialty) but the prices seemed steep for what we get. I would not go a second time unless absolutely pressed.

No comments: