Saturday, December 08, 2007

More great things about Mexico

Beatriz has insisted that I see the good side of things and that I should relax and enjoy Mexico during my brief visit, so I figured I'd post something about the nice things I've enjoyed so far.

  • Family-owned businesses:
    • I discovered a super cute hotel in Zamora, Michoacan. It's called Hotel Ram-Val. Best hotel ever. It's small, cute, clean, and has wireless internet. The cafeteria is amazing. The level of service is above and beyond the call of duty. If I had to return here, I would seriously stay here. Inexpensive too, less than 50 dollars a night.
    • I found a family-owned enterprise from San Julian, Jalisco that makes dairy-based products. This family manufactures "ate" (a kind of jelly) and cajeta (sort of nutella). I make a point (whenever I am in Mexico) to only buy Mexican products, so it was nice to find my own supplier of cajeta.
    • I have been able to drink a litre of carrot juice for $1.50 Canadian. Where else can you do that?
  • Friends
    • I got the chance to spend an evening having drinks with PT. He's one of my very best friends here, and we had an amazing time. I even got to do karaoke! It's been so long since I last sung. Ahh, good times :)
    • I'll be seeing other friends this weekend, I hope. PT and I had plans to hang out tonight, so we'll see how that pans out. He is so laid back and relaxed, I am sure we'll end up doing something low-key.
Ok, time to start cleaning up my room (well, my former room)...

No comments: