Friday, October 13, 2006

Restaurant review: Nirvana

For those of you lovers of Indian food, Nirvana is *the* place. That is, of course, if you live nowhere near 49th Avenue and you do not want to go to the area of Vancouver known as "Little India". Since I love eating near my stomping grounds, I decided to go to Nirvana to meet a colleague and friend for dinner. My friend actually treated me to dinner, and while we were discussing a lot of issues and things that needed to be talked about, I recognise that the service was REALLY SLOW. The food is, however, superb.

Their dishes to share are to die for, particularly their chicken masala. The prices are a bit high for the amount of food that you get, but it's not unaffordable. I would not recommend this restaurant for a quick, cheap eat because it is neither cheap nor the service is quick. But the atmosphere and the food itself make up for a lot.

And you can't beat the location in Mount Pleasant: literally corner of 7th Avenue, Main and Kingsway (where all three streets intersect). Right besides the vegetarian restaurant "The Foundation", Nirvana is worth the trip if you are into good Indian food and are not in a rush to get anywhere. Beware, you might become addicted to Indian food!

No comments: