Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Movie Review - The Devil Wears Prada

Given my interest in fashion (yeah, I bought clothes in Montreal, Paris and Madrid alright!), and under the circumstances (extreme stress) I decided to rent the movie "The Devil Wears Prada" with Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway. It was a breath of fresh air. Yeah, Thirteen Going on Thirty also touched upon fashion and the sacrifices and choices we make to get ahead of the game, but TDWP has Meryl Streep (sorry Jennifer Garner, I love you to bits, but Meryl is Meryl).

And the lesson remains the same: Family and friends first, career advancement second. Not for everyone, I am sure. But at least, for me, it has worked wonders. And I have a very happy life full with friends and family who love me. Overall, the movie makes you feel good by the end of it (just as with 13 Going On 30) and teaches you a lesson or two...

No comments: