Thursday, January 25, 2007

Restaurant review - Sodas Diner

Located in the heart of Dunbar, in Vancouver's west side, Sodas Diner (or Sodas, as we all know it) is a no-frills, no-holds barred 50's diner. According to what we heard, it's been there for over a decade. I do indeed remember that, when I used to live in Kerrisdale, I would take the 7 Dunbar bus and would always pass by Sodas. It is located on Dunbar and I think between 26th and 27th Avenues.

Recently, one of my very good friends and I have taken to go there quite often (I think we've been there at least 3 times in the last two months!). Their burgers are quite big, their fries are to-die-for and overall, it's an inexpensive treat if you are feeling the blues. Dinner for two was well below $ 30 Canadian dollars. I go back to Sodas all the time, not only because I usually happen to go there with very close friends, but also because the food and service are amazing.

Furthermore, and as I am re-reading my posts [and editing], I should note that I rarely eat at chain restaurants. I prefer to support local business [hence the label!]

No comments: