Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sunny side up...

These past few days have been so sunny it doesn't even feel like Vancouver. I should probably not say this, otherwise I'll jinx it. Admittedly, the weather has been rather conducive to work. Two weeks ago I was super depressed because of the ugly clouds, snow, slushy roads and my tendency to fall every three steps. But this weekend and beginning of the week has been nothing but awesome. Still very cold, but I have been able to actually walk out looking fashionable. Nice jackets, nice scarves, nice shoes... ah, the old days of modeling :)

Writing like there's no tomorrow, still teaching, things are going well. I can't complain at all. Haven't been to the movies but I can inform the general audience of my blog that Empire 7 Granville Cinemas have decided to lower their prices to $ 6.50 any time of the day. Now there is an incentive to go!

And on the movies note, Mount Pleasant opened in theatres this week. I saw it when it showed at the Vancouver International Film Festival, but I wouldn't mind seeing it again. It is a Vancouver-centred movie, and it depicts my own neighborhood so I have many incentives to go see it again. Click here to read my movie review.

Hectic week and weekend half-booked but still looking forward to doing a lot of work. Academia, here I come!

No comments: