Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Well, there are perks to being here :)

After my initial cultural reverse shock, I had a chance to hang out with Mom and my brother. We went for dinner and had a "caldo tlalpeño", which is one of my top favorite Mexican dishes. Top of the top. Greatest food ever. I just had a chance to drink carrot juice by the litre. Papaya and other fruit is super inexpensive here. Ok, now I'm starting to see the perks. Plus, I love hanging out with my family. So maybe it's not so bad after all :)

I am looking forward to seeing very good friends of mine who live here. My very good friend PT picked me up at the bus station when I arrived, but we haven't had a chance to really hang out. But we will soon. Now, let me tell you, there is something about the pace of life here that absolutely mesmerizes me. I'll have to explore more...

1 comment:

Beatriz said...

Raul,RELAJATE!!!!!
pues Mexico no es tan malo como lo pintan, es divertido y para ti es temporal asi es que disfruta el desorden-ordenado de nuestro pais