Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Cleaning up (a.k.a. getting rid of garbage/baggage)

The last couple of days have been actually kind of depressing. One of my former students died in an accident. She was intelligent, full of life, she transformed herself and turned her life around, and in that process, she turned many other lives around. That's why I went on a shopping spree yesterday (thank God for my friends, I went to XCess Cargo, Winners, Future Shop, Best Buy with a couple of them)... Retail therapy, I tell you!

So I decided that I needed to follow a grieving process that acknowledged my former student as well. I started cleaning up my life and getting rid of many things. So I thoroughly cleaned my apartment today. Bathrooms, living room, kitchen, counter tops, dining table... everything. Threw garbage away, got rid of a number of things I really didn't need. I guess that's part of the process of getting rid of garbage (and baggage, in the process!)... in the end, I think this reflective and cleansing process will be good for me.

1 comment:

marcela en canada said...

Its always good to do a cleaning process, you feel somehow lighter.
Sorry about your student, that is quite unfortunate.