Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Restaurant review - Alexis Restaurant

I should've probably posted this two weeks ago, but I've been so insanely busy I haven't had a chance (plus I had to catch up with work - now on a regular schedule, 8am to 8pm). At any rate, two Sundays ago I was still feeling depressed, so my good friend H invited me out for dinner (in his own words, "because I had had a rough week", which was totally true). I got to pick up the restaurant, and I chose Alexis Restaurant. Now, with this very good friend of mine I really think twice about the restaurant choices I make, since I want him to get to know the good things Vancouver has. I think that I'm doing good so far.

Alexis is the best Greek restaurant in town hands down. I am sorry for those who love Stephos, Characters, etc. I love their food too. But Alexis just has that je ne sais quoi. It doesn't hurt that the food is amazing and quite inexpensive. You can't go wrong with their choices of full-meal deals. Their dolmathes are unbelievable, the chicken breast with rice and potatoes is amazing. I mean, I can't stop saying nice things about Alexis. The owners are the sweetest (thanks for all that ouzo, Theo!) and the waitresses are adorable (I particularly love Vicki).

H and I had a really great time, and it was a great evening before he headed off to Wikiland (no, not Wikipedia you dorks! Wikiland = New Zealand, the land where kiwis are from :)) ... I hope he's having a wonderful time there (and yeah, well, some degree of academic enjoyment).

No comments: