Monday, February 18, 2008

Movie review - Definitely, maybe

Last week, I scored free passes to the advance screening of "Definitely, Maybe" thanks to LaineyGossip.com, so I invited my good friend HZ to join me (this could potentially be seen as a Valentine's Day movie, or a chick flick, but he didn't mind the movie, even though it was fairly cheesy).

First of all, for the Ryan Reynolds lovers out there (ladies and gentlemen alike) - he does NOT show his abs in this movie. He does NOT take his shirt once. Not ONCE. So, if that was something you were hoping to see, you're watching the wrong movie (see Blade: Trinity, Buy the Cow, or The Amityville Horror if you're looking for Ryan showing skin).

However, he does what he does best: make people laugh. The basic premise of the movie is a single father who tells a story to his daughter about the three women he loved: the girl's mom, a journalist who ends up being a lover and a free-spirited young woman. While I won't spoil the ending for you, I sort of expected this movie to be a bit more Hollywood-esque.

Don't forget that you're reading my review - I'm a fan of Ryan Reynolds, have been for a long while. So, I have to admit that I did like the movie. It made me laugh considerably, and it had some moments where it demanded a bit more range from Ryan. That being said, as HZ rightfully pointed out, I should watch "Smoking Aces" if I want to see Ryan in a totally different light.

If you have a chance to go see it, leave a comment and let me know what you thought of it.

No comments: