Friday, February 15, 2008

The things I hate the most

I am a very loving guy, and most people would agree that it's really hard to make me angry or mad. That being said, I was over at Meg Fowler's blog, and with my newfound freedom, I proceeded to take the time to actually reflect on the things I hate. All my friends know that I hate cheese and Chinese food, but ... did you know I also hate this rainy weather?

So, without further ado, here is a list of the things I hate. You may find some surprises, you may share the same hate for some things, or you may actually love the things I hate. Everything is fair in love and war! By the way, the list has expanded from what I commented on Meg's post ...

The original list of the things I hate...
  • Cheese
  • Chinese food
  • Celery
  • Rainy days
  • Pushy panhandlers
  • Idiotic people
  • Bureaucracy and red-tape
  • People who aren’t flexible
  • People who only follow rules
  • Stubbornness without respect
  • Improper attribution of ideas
  • Drivers in Vancouver (generally speaking)
  • Politician’s lies
  • People who talk out of their … pretending they know something they don’t
  • My upstairs neighbours
  • … and their kid
  • … and his tantrums
  • … and their callousness and lack of respect for my and my next-door-neighbour’s sleeping patterns
  • Telemarketers
  • Arriving late
  • Having lost my cell phone
  • Sleep deprivation
  • When someone stands me up
  • When someone changes pre-existing plans without consulting with me first (and those are our plans)
  • Not being able to blog when I want to
  • Not having good ideas to blog about
  • Self-pompous people who think they’re all that and a bag of chips
And more recently (e.g. within the past few hours) I remembered other things I hate...
  • Living in a different country than my parents and my brothers
  • Forgetting friends' birthdays
  • Double-booking myself
  • ... and triple-booking
  • ... and booking myself multiple times
  • ... because I don't have a Palm Pilot to keep my Google Calendar organized
  • Missing wonderful Christmas and New Years parties because I spent mine 6,000 miles away from my dear Vancouver friends
  • Not being fully fluent in French (even though I'm fairly conversant)
  • The smell of cigarettes
  • ... and second-hand smoke
  • Having some people take me for granted
  • Dry martinis (I know - shocker! I should get my bartender license revoked)
  • Not being able to leave trackbacks in WordPress-powered blogs because I am still with Blogger.
  • Running for a bus only to have it leave me behind for a fraction of a second
  • Buses filled with drunken kids who tend to grab my derrière
  • Losing a block on the net because I was too distracted looking at how cute the power hitter was (despite the fact that I did indeed have a good position to block the spike!)
  • Missing serves (both in tennis and volleyball). My serve used to be my best weapon.
Wow. That was a long list... But honestly, I swear, I love lots of things :)

No comments: