Monday, February 18, 2008

Music review - Everyday People by Sly and the Family Stone

I've reached the 600 posts mark way faster than I thought! If you think about the fact that I am not a geek, don't do this for a living, and I reached 500 posts in December (and it's only February now), this is an important milestone for me.

So I thought I'd celebrate it with some music. The song featured here is "Everyday People" by Sly and the Family Stone. Admittedly, this tune has been listened to much more in Anglo-Saxon North America than it has elsewhere (for obvious cultural reasons).

I just heard it for the first time in the first 3 minutes of the movie "Definitely, Maybe" which I just reviewed. Again, I insist... The song sounds so much better in a movie theater with surround stereo sound. Great choice of song to begin the movie (you have to see it to understand what I meant).

Video from YouTube. This is not the actual video of the song, but I couldn't find a rendition that sounded similar to the one I heard during the movie.

No comments: