Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Dessert place review - True Confections (Denman)

Admittedly, whenever I go out for dinner I usually ask for dessert at the same place. I could have done this last time that I was downtown (Dining Out for Life), but instead H and I decided to walk around and ended up at a dessert place called "True Confections". This place gets packed because it is truly designed as a dessert/coffee/tea gathering venue.

I had a trifle for the first time in my life, and wow was it ever tasty! The prices are reasonable and the staff is friendly, although honestly speaking, you can really overdose on sugar. I don't like comparing among dessert places because really, their function is the same (provide you with a nice comfortable cozy spot where to share some time with friends over dessert). So, I'll just praise "True Confections". The location we went to was Denman and I think Barclay, but you can just the same go to Broadway and Alma and their desserts are just as good. Not overly expensive and definitely cozy.

2 comments:

gloomyandpity said...

Hey, you should try Sweet Obsessions on the 16th too. Personally I think it's better than T.C. ;P

gloomyandpity said...

Hey, have you tried Sweet Obsessions on the W 16th Ave and Trafalgars? It's pretty good. Personally I think cakes are better than True Confessions!