Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Hot upcoming event - Miguel Migs, Lisa Shaw, Marques Wyatt

For those of us who are deep house lovers, this event is a "must attend". Miguel Migs is one of the best house DJs of our generation. He is well known for his numerous deep-house tunes. Among my favorites - Secrets.

I found the promotional video for his upcoming gig at The Commodore (downtown Vancouver). He will be joined by awesome singer Lisa Shaw and fellow DJ Marques Wyatt. The even will take place on Easter Weekend (note that the event takes place on Saturday April 7th, 2007 rather than Sunday - I thoroughly believed it was Sunday!) . The promotional video for this event shows last year's party to the tune of Andy Caldwell's "Don't You Love Me" in the Ronan's Disco Vocal mix (listen to a sample here). The video is shown below.

I found the website for the organizers, Blue Print Events. Tickets are $ 35 Canadian on Ticketmaster. I am tempted to go (VERY tempted, that is), even if only because I don't think I'll have another chance to see Miguel Migs, Lisa Shaw and Marques Wyatt in the same event. If you are in the area, I would encourage you to go (and full disclosure - I do not receive any money for promoting this event, I just found out through the great grapevine and thought I'd share it with my readers).

No comments: