Sunday, September 09, 2007

Blog Action Day 2007

I was perusing Darren Barefoot's blog just briefly and I came across his commentary on Blog Action Day on October 15th, 2007. Given that my blog is "Random Thoughts of a Student of the Environment", it would be a bit dumb if I didn't blog on that day. So I decided to write a little bit about it.

As taken from Blog Action Day's website:
On October 15th, bloggers around the web will unite to put a single important issue on everyone’s mind - the environment. Every blogger will post about the environment in their own way and relating to their own topic. Our aim is to get everyone talking towards a better future.
I have previously blogged for a charity although I did that for A Loving Spoonful (see my Blogathon 2007 posts). I think I am going to do the same again (although luckily, this time I don't need to blog 24 hours straight!). I will, however, commit to at least 12 blog posts throughout the day (on average one an hour) and I will try to send this to my colleagues who work in the environmental field.

I often do post about issues of sustainability and the environment, since that's what I do for most of my waking hours so this seems fitting. Since I'm sort of a non-geeky, newbie kind of blogger I may fail miserably at inserting the banner in my blog, so just don't laugh :) Thanks to Darren for pointing this out. And don't worry Darren, I will remind you a few days in advance :)

No comments: