Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Building a more sustainable food system - Upcoming event

For the longest time, I have tried to attend events at the Light House Sustainable Building Centre (located at 1575 Johnson Street on Granville Island). However, what I regret the most is that I always have a conflicting event when they have events that I really want to go ... and this is the case for September 8th, 2007. From 2-4 pm, Andre LaRiviere will speak about "Building a More Sustainable Food System". Basically, the talk will be about "green restaurants", the kind of work I want to do in the future.

This is the abstract of the talk (obtained from the Light House email list-serve)...
What defines a "green" restaurant? It starts with the conscious desire of a growing number of chefs and restaurateurs for clear, measurable steps to effectively reduce their operations’ impact on the environment. This seminar will focus on the topic of making sustainable choices when dining out, whether for a take-out or sit-down meal. Participants will also be given tips on how to bring these sustainable initiatives from the restaurant to their home kitchen
I really would love to attend, but I can't. Can somebody go and tell me how it was?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Raul, I tried to email you directly but could not find a link.

My name is Jason from Green Table and would be happy to spend some time talking to you further about our program.

Feel free to contact me at:
Jason@greentable.net

Raul said...

Hi Jason,

Sorry, the e-mail link does not appear for some reason (Blogger!) ... anyhow, here's my e-mail:

hummingbird604@gmail.com

Thanks for your comment! Would love to sit down and chat more with you.

Best wishes.