Sunday, September 23, 2007

Restaurant review - Marpole Grill

While usually my Friday nights are dedicated to dinner with B & C, this weekend we switched our schedule as to accommodate some of my own personal affairs (namely, dealing with work stuff and decompressing). So we set on brunch down in Marpole. Now, I know that Marpole is close enough to them (since they live in Richmond) and to me (it's less than 40 minutes commute, very doable and this area is very well connected - 99 B-Line then 98 B-Line).

So I had to find a place to have brunch there and the only one that I could find was Marpole Grill. I didn't know anything about this place since I rarely go to the Granville and 70th Avenue area, but I am glad we did have breakfast here. B and C treated me to a great brunch. The Marpole Grill is located at 67th Avenue and Granville, it's very well decorated (classy and elegant).

It is well attended (we saw a myriad of senior people, but I think that's just a coincidence) and the waitress was super sweet and very prompt with water and coffee. We had to wait a bit for our orders to come, but I think it was the result of the fact that Marpole Grill has just recently come under new management.

I would come back to the Marpole Grill for brunch for sure. The food was very good, and the service was actually impeccable. If only our brunch had arrived sooner! But that wasn't the waitress' fault, I think they are just experiencing what C indicated "teething pains".

No comments: