Saturday, October 06, 2007

Is this fall, winter or what?

This weather makes me almost kind of depressed. Some people attribute that to Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) [no pun intended]. However, it does bring some sad memories. Although yesterday was sunny and cold, and I was always on the go (meeting at 2.30pm, hair appointment at 5pm, writing a letter, submitting a package), I still feel somewhat nostalgic.

It's probably the fact that this weather reminds me of the first few months when I moved to Vancouver. I wasn't ready for this kind of climate, and I felt lonely and cold. I am not alone at all, so that would be unfair to say, but I do still dislike cold temperatures. And as I have said, this year I am better prepared than I've ever been before (I have rain gear, scarves, gloves, the whole nine yards).

L and I were making a commentary that some memories seem to be engraved in our souls, and they never go away. It was around this time (a few years ago) when I learned that my ex had cheated on me, so I guess I don't forget that either. At any rate, the best revenge is to live well, and I have the life I have always wanted, I really live a very good life. For that, I am very grateful.

No comments: