Monday, October 15, 2007

Kick-off post to Blog Action Day

Don't know how I managed to not appear on the Blog Action Day list given that I had previously registered and blogged about it (see my post here) so I re-registered. Had mixed feelings regarding whether I should post anything during the early hours of the morning, given that I wanted to give my analysis of the roles of Al Gore and the IPCC in bringing climate change to the forefront of global discussions a little bit of visibility. But... since I've already committed to Blog Action Day, I will be ok if my little post doesn't get that much exposure.

So on the menu today (if I manage to get all my work done)...
  • Green restaurants - Had a nice chat with Jason Antony of Green Table, so I'll discuss some stuff that we talked about.
  • The linkages between poverty, urban sprawl and sustainability.
  • Numbers, numbers and more numbers (or how people can fool you with statistics).
  • Research that is being undertaken in Vancouver.
  • Upcoming events on sustainability.
And for now, I have to get back to my 'day job' so I hope you all are enjoying Blog Action Day. Go to their website to see who else is participating. And if you're a Vancouver blogger and are participating, let me know and I'll link to your website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Raul,

Looks like we have similar interests!
Your blog didn't appear? Mine's listed for the 14th of October between a Smiths fan and a My Chemical Romance fan. Interesting. Looks like we should be signing up extra early next year, though. Wow, they got almost 20,000 blogs! That's insane. More next year, I bet, depending on the topic. I posted last night and put the timestamp as this afternoon knowing I wouldn't have time at lunch. The whole time zone difference kind of threw me off, though.

I just discovered commenters on my blog weren't getting their links displayed... because the a tag was turned off for comments! Oddly enough it applies to the commenter's own URL. Strange. Anyway, fixed now, so I do justice to your kind post ;)