Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Upcoming Event - Blog Action Day - Oct 15, 2007

So a few months ago, I came across Blog Action Day. I think it was through Darren Barefoot's blog. At any rate, this is the 411 on Blog Action Day, from their own website:
Blog Action Day -- On October 15th, bloggers around the web will unite to put a single important issue on everyone’s mind. In 2007 the issue is the environment. Every blogger will post about the environment in their own way and relating to their own topic. Our aim is to get everyone talking towards a better future.
The whole idea behind Blog Action Day is pretty neat. And since my specialty is environmental issues (and the title of my blog is 'Random Thoughts of a Student of the Environment'), it's kind of intuitive that I'll be blogging about the environment. I plan to write about issues that I haven't talked about in previous posts (such as energy, e-waste, green weddings, etc.) and hopefully will come up with other ideas.

It will not be exactly like Blogathon 2007, where I had to post every 30 minutes for 24 hours. Both Rebecca @ Miss604 and yours truly did Blogathon this past July, and I am not about to repeat the experience. It was painful! But it was lots of fun and many people donated to my cause. Nevertheless, this is a one-in-a-lifetime kind of blogathon ;)

However, this next October 15th, every post I will write will be dedicated to environmental issues. If everything goes according to plan and I manage to get all my work done, I'll be blogging about once an hour for about 12 hours, but can't promise I'll have the energy to do so. At any rate, if you are a blogger, I encourage you to sign on. And if you're a reader, I encourage you to leave a comment on this (or any of my future posts) with ideas for blog posts, commentary, whatever.

One small caveat though - all comments in my blog are moderated, so if you post and it doesn't appear, then it's probably awaiting moderation!

No comments: