Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Being geeky and good food

I wouldn't call myself by any stretch a computer geek or even an internet geek. As I've indicated before, I started blogging because a very close friend of mine did it to keep me up to date with her comings and goings during the time I wasn't in Vancouver. Through time, I've gained a fondness for both blogging and reading other bloggers' stuff.

I've recently read a nasty comment in regards to my restaurant reviews (those comments do not appear because, hehe, I have enabled comment moderation and really, who wants to read a comment from someone who wants to put you down?). I suppose that comes with the territory. I am by no stretch of the imagination a food critic, but I do eat out a lot and enjoy good food. If a reader disagrees with my review (or a restaurant owner anyhow), they have a space to contact me (respectfully, of course. I'm pretty good at dealing with nasty commenters).

And on the idea of being geeky and liking good food, I found that there is such a thing as the Wiki Cookbook. I love cooking Jambalaya, and I found a recipe for it! Oh the wonders of the Internet.

No comments: