Saturday, November 24, 2007

Restaurant review - The Sour Pickle Cafe (Victoria, BC)

Truth be told, I should've written this restaurant review earlier this week, but I've been so busy socializing that I have completely left it to the last minute. Since I am trying to check a few items off of my list (including restaurant reviews I had overdue, and stuff) I decided to write it now (before I head off to yet another dinner with friends).

While J and I were visiting Victoria, we basically had time to chat over breakfast and dinner, given his work schedule. So our last breakfast together was at The Sour Pickle Cafe. We found this little place while doing a walk around the Victoria core, and I figured it had breakfast so we headed over there.

We had a really great time. Their breakfast special is so inexpensive I almost fainted ($ 4.00 for full breakfast... hello? not even at Bon's you get that!)... and the service was top-notch. This must be an owner-operated place, otherwise I can't figure out how they manage to provide such good breakfast. I was also pleasantly surprised that it was so inexpensive (with my budgetary constraints, this was a welcome surprise!).

No comments: