Sunday, November 25, 2007

I need a cell phone, PRONTO!

I lost my cell phone a few weeks back. A few days ago I was making a list of the reasons why I needed it. And I've come to realize that I need it because
  • I do have a social life.
  • Said social life is quite busy.
  • I need to be available to friends and family.
  • I sometimes need to phone people and there are no pay phones near by.
  • I need to be able to text-message my friends.
  • I need an alarm clock (I don't own one because my cell used to be my watch).
  • I need a watch (I don't own one because my cell used to be my watch)
Simply put, I can't live without a cell phone in this age and day. Although I know a couple of friends who don't own one, I luckily have quite the social life and can't be incommunicado.

So, I am surveying phone plans and stuff. Suggestions gratefully accepted.
  • I don't want a long-term plan, so either it is a plan that I can get out of quite easily and/or it is pay-as-you-go.
  • I do need unlimited incoming calls because people call me quite often.
  • I want to spend as little money as I can.
  • I don't need data capabilities but I need voice-mail and text messaging. Caller ID would be nice.
  • I want the most basic phone (e.g. I don't want a super sophisticated handset).
Would love to hear your thoughts.

No comments: