Saturday, July 28, 2007

An appreciation of friends

It would be a gross understatement to say that I love my friends. I think that if there is such a thing, I am friend-addicted. I have a fairly solid bunch of people around me who keep me sane through thick and thin.
  • They have to put up with phone calls at night when I have to rant and complain about stuff at work (or heartache, as the case might be).
  • They join me in adventures around town (shopping at IKEA or the Kwik-E-Mart).
  • They follow my craziness throughout the day (yes I know this Blogathon is a crazy idea, but I’m doing it for a worthy cause that you all know I strongly support).
  • They sponsor me (thank you guys!!!) at Blogathon 2007.
  • They are ready to tell me the truth even when it hurts.
  • They share in our enjoyment of the fine things in life (such as brunch on Saturdays and Sundays, taking in a concert, shopping on Main Street, having a home-made dinner, watching movies, and sometimes, they even read my work-related stuff!)

I am grateful for the friends I have. At all times, you know I think the world of y’all !!!!

Note on A Loving Spoonful donations page – I was just informed by one of my friends that there might be an issue with the secure donations at the A Loving Spoonful website (it appears as http instead of https). So maybe you may want to do your donation by cheque or something. A good friend of mine who was kind enough to pledge me has called to inform them of the issue. However, you don’t need to donate today. All you need to do is pledge, and then fulfill your pledge soon-ish!

Keep’em donations coming! And to those who have donated, thank you for your kindness!

Because nobody living with AIDS should live with hunger” (A Loving Spoonful), please consider donating.

No comments: