Sunday, July 29, 2007

Making margaritas :)

At S’s going away party, held at B’s place in the West End of Vancouver, I was in charge of feeding everyone their alcoholic beverage of choice. Of course, everyone drank responsibly. However, the most fun part was that I got to make frozen margaritas. People kept coming for them. As soon as my (professional) blender started, I could see their ears perk up and they’d flood the kitchen to have me pour them another cold one.

This was really fun, as it was S’s going away party and we wanted to bid her farewell in style. B was a very gracious host, and A kept me company all evening in the kitchen. I did not get to hang out, but I really didn’t care because I was having a blast. I think I’m a pretty damn good bartender, and it’s fun to feel like I can help my friends when they’re throwing a party and they need someone to mix the drinks.

I’ve had this conversation with other friends, and out of all of them, only one feels strongly against me mixing the drinks for his friends. I have told him that there’s no issue there, and that I’d gladly do it because I think that as a friend, we ought it to our closest ones to be available and help, be it assembling a new desk, carrying a new TV or mixing margaritas. That’s what friends are for! :-)

Here you’ll find a nice recipe for frozen margaritas. Drink responsibly. Don’t drink and drive. Don’t drink too much.

UPDATE - I am late because I was trying to find WiFi. I am in Point Grey, so I'll post this and I might be late for the next one.


Because nobody living with AIDS should live with hunger” (A Loving Spoonful), please consider donating.

1 comment:

Miss 604 said...

oh man, might be competition for my husband's margaritas - he makes a mean one! they're always a crowd-pleaser at parties too, good job!