Sunday, July 29, 2007

Blim Gallery - For the artsy folks

The Main Street area (South Main or SoMa as some people tend to call it, extending from Main and 1st Avenue south up until about 33rd) is considered home to many artsy folks. It has a few funky art galleries, and one of the funkiest I think is Blim. Located on 17th Avenue, near Main, this is a great place and worth checking out. Now, bear in mind that it’s in my neighbourhood, so I am all for visiting my stomping grounds.

Blim organizes a number of movie showings, button-making workshops, and all sorts of really fun stuff. I remember that recently they organized a Mexican-themed event. But I declined to participate in this one because I actually think I know how to make tacos, quesadillas and a few other items. Yummy… now I am hungry!

Because nobody living with AIDS should live with hunger” (A Loving Spoonful), please consider donating.

No comments: