Saturday, July 28, 2007

Prizes, prizes and more prizes

Ok, so the owner of Curry Point (two locations: one on the UBC campus and one at Broadway and Cambie) offered very graciously 5 (five) coupons for a one meat + one veggie combo with bottled water (total value ~ $6.50 CND). Of course, since I have to try and make it fun, I had to wonder how to do a contest. So anyhow, this would be a VERY local contest (since both locations are on the West Side of Vancouver). Hmmm… let’s say I’ll give one of the gift certificated to the reader who can answer one of the questions I’ll be posting throughout the evening.

I think I’ll also have a gift certificate for another restaurant (I just need to confirm details). So, all in all, not bad for a day’s work. And all for a good cause:

Because nobody living with AIDS should live with hunger” (A Loving Spoonful), please consider donating.

UPDATE – Feeling incredibly lethargic. I wonder if it’s the food or the fact that I’ve been blogging for more than 12 hours straight. I’ve often wandered to other blogs, particularly Miss604 and OpenUp (both local Vancouver blogathoners) but even so, I am exhausted. I am really hoping I can go the distance.

I have also noticed a dramatic drop in blogs. The first time I checked we were at over 500 blogs. Now we’re at 394 (6.51pm). WOW. But they’re right – if you can’t do it, you can’t do it. It’s not worth over-doing it.

I am just running out of ideas for environmentally-related posts!

No comments: