Saturday, July 28, 2007

Eco-labeling: Putting a green label on things

I blogged about OceanWise earlier and I know that some people wonder if this is some eco-certification system. My friend J is doing her entire PhD thesis on eco-certification and corporate social responsibility, and if she was here, I would probably ask her to do a guest post for me. But alas, she is not, so I’ll re-direct you to a paper on the Environmental Protection Agency website that will explain a little bit about the Canadian eco-label version, Environmental Choice [Eco-Logo] which could be considered a variation on the eco-certification theme. Eco-certified products are (allegedly) less harmful to the environment.

Because nobody living with AIDS should live with hunger” (A Loving Spoonful), please consider donating.

No comments: