Sunday, July 29, 2007

Coffee shop review - Waves on Broadway

During Blogathon, I have had at least four instances where I’ve almost not been able to make it to my post due to commuting and I’ve felt really frustrated. Well, luckily for me, there are a few coffee shops that are open 24 hours. This is the case with Waves, a Vancouver-based coffee chain.

Their most recently opened shop, Waves on Broadway near Oak, is completely different to the other Waves’ that I’ve seen. Located at 1095 West Broadway, this Waves is extremely well illuminated, it’s spacious and it has a much more elegant feel than the other shops. And most importantly, the tables don’t wiggle. So as I type this blog entry, I feel completely safe and I can read and write.

And on top of that, how cute is this? The backseats of Waves’ chairs have steaming cups of coffee carved! I don’t have a digital camera available or otherwise I’d totally take a few shots.

On the fundraising note, my pledges haven’t increased in the past few hours, but I plan to e-mail a few of my friends and guilt them into donating :-) hehe. After all, it’s a great cause.

UPDATE – I don’t think I can hang around Waves much longer, so I’m going to have to commute home. That means that the 2:00 am post will be slightly early (I’m posting it as early as now to allow me to cross the street and catch the bus), and there’s a chance that the 2:30am will be slightly delayed. Just in case Blogathon folks think I’ve folded. No, I haven’t and I will not. I’m still going strong… :-)

Because nobody living with AIDS should live with hunger” (A Loving Spoonful), please consider donating.

No comments: