Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Grouse Grind

*** Sorry for the slightly delayed posting -- I needed to find WiFi access ***

So out of sheer will, I decided to do the Grouse Grind. For any Vancouverite who prides him/herself of being truly Vancouverite, this is a must-do. The Grouse Mountain trail (Grouse Grind) is a 2.9 km hike, with an elevation gain of 2,800 feet. Some people say that for a fit person it should take about an hour to complete. In my case, even though I think I am pretty fit, I took longer because I had to stop more than once. I actually stopped more to talk to people than because I was tired. You can get to the bottom of Grouse Mountain by bus, and it is one of the most frequented hikes in Vancouver. Worth doing it, even if just to say you did it. And yes, it is a way of connecting with nature (hence the sustainability tag).

Because nobody living with AIDS should live with hunger” (A Loving Spoonful), please consider donating.

No comments: