Thursday, July 26, 2007

Blogathon 2007

Well, it's going to happen. After hearing that Miss604.com would be blogging for Surrey Food Bank and learning that I could do some good as well, I decided to join Blogathon 2007. I will be blogging for A Loving Spoonful (Vancouver) (they don't know just yet. I haven't yet sent them an e-mail saying I would). So, while my profile is still getting set up, I thought I'd just tell you a bit about Blogathon and give you the URL to my sponsor page.

Blogathon is an effort to make a difference through blogging. Bloggers all over the world will be blogging for a specific charity. In my case, I chose A Loving Spoonful because I believe that this charity makes a difference. They deliver meals for people living with HIV/AIDS in the Vancouver area. I remember that I learned about A Loving Spoonful at the Elbow Room, a wonderful diner located on Davie and almost Seymour. Their owners require you to make a donation if you don't finish your (usually huge) meal.

Since I am just setting up my account, I can't do the beautiful buttons where you can click and sponsor me, so I'll just have to go with ... if you want to sponsor me and contribute to the charity of my choice (A Loving Spoonful), click here.

No comments: