Friday, August 24, 2007

The beauty of cleaning dishes before going to sleep

My Aunt (who passed away in 1999) used to say "I hate doing dishes. I hate it so much I do them the night before so that when I wake up I won't have to wash them first thing in the morning". I have almost always tried to follow her advice but sometimes I fail to do so. The past week has been so stressful and I've been so over-worked that I hadn't even had time to clean up my apartment.

Since I had invited J over for dinner last night (pre-movie), I had to actually clean up my place and make it somewhat guest-friendly. While cooking dinner, I cleaned up all utensils and cookware [a method I learned from my Mom] and then, after dinner I proceeded to wash dishes (much to his chagrin since he wanted to help)... Anyhow, I digress... so the point is that, by the time I got home from the movie (and I was already dead-tired) I simply crashed. And this morning, as I was making breakfast, I noticed my kitchen spotless, therefore I didn't need to start my day by cleaning up my kitchen. Good times :-)

No comments: