Sunday, August 05, 2007

Restaurant review - Joe's Grill

With Pride weekend happening (B.C. day is on Monday, which ends up being a holiday), this is the best opportunity to catch up with old friends. So I ended up contacting S and R, and they called up A and P so that we all could go for brunch. I chose Joe's Grill on Davie and almost Burrard because I had heard rave reviews of the place. I am sure I came to Joe's Grill at some point with L, early in our friendship. But that was years ago, so I had to come again.

Anyhow, Joe's Grill did not disappoint. I had the "Chopped Steak" (scrambled eggs with a beef patty) and it was awesome. I could almost say that Joe's Grill's eggs rival those of Crave on Main or Burgoo on 10th and Sasamat. The food is inexpensive, very filling and the service was top-notch. The best part of it was seeing S and R again (they are close and dear friends of mine) and the fact that they invited A and P really was the icing on the cake.

I would strongly recommend Joe's Grill for brunch. I would like to try Score or The Fountainhead, I am sure they have good food. Happy Pride everyone!

No comments: