Saturday, August 25, 2007

Movie review - Hot Fuzz

Having dinner and a movie at B & C's is always a pleasure. J always manages to make us laugh with his sense of humor (which is very much aligned with B&C's and mine). So he brought along the movie Hot Fuzz on DVD. I should say that I absolutely love this movie. If you liked Shaun of the Dead (also starring Simon Pegg) you will adore Hot Fuzz.

Long story made short: overachieving police officer in big, ol' London is banned to small, Stepford-wives kinda town Sandford. The perfect town for everyone. Except that, beneath the surface of an apparently calm and agreeable society, lurks a not-so-perfect secret society that is bent on disappearing anyone (namely Nicholas Angel, our super-cop) who meddles with their business. Disaster (and hilarity) ensues.

I would strongly recommend this movie if you enjoy British humor. Having lived in England long enough to enjoy it, I had a great time. Plus it didn't hurt that B prepared a wonderful dinner and we had amazing company to go with it!

Following my good friend Nomade Moderne's lead, I'm posting the movie trailer. I think that from now on, I might insert a few clips to accompany my movie reviews. Yay or nay?

No comments: