Sunday, January 06, 2008

Travelling in Mexico City

After a week filled with family gatherings, a trip to San Miguel Allende and a few other trips here and there (Irapuato, Penjamo, Guanajuato), I'm finally in Mexico City in the last leg of my trip, and on my way back to Vancouver. I have to say that I'll miss my Mom and Dad terribly. I don't feel as though I spent enough time with them.

I don't think I will have the physical energy to actually write a detailed post about my trip to Mexico City with ML, but suffice it to say that we visited the National Museum of Anthropology, the Palacio de Bellas Artes (Palace of Fine Arts), the Plaza de las Tres Culturas (Plaza of the Three Cultures), also known as Tlatelolco, and the Zocalo (including, of course, the Catedral Metropolitana and the Templo Mayor).

Our trip has been rather pleasant. ML is a great companion and someone with whom I have enjoyed travelling. And we had a chance to see the Desfile del Dia de Reyes (with Cri-Cri on a float!) and dine at Wings (a great Mexican restaurant that has a promotion with 50% discount!).

All in all, a great experience. We're off to Teotihuacan tomorrow, so if I survive the next couple of days, you'll have a full 411 on the San Miguel trip, Mexico City and Teotihuacan. In the mean time, I'll be in Vancouver soon enough. Despite the great company I have here, the great friends I got to see and the chance I had to spend time with Mom and Dad, my brothers and my extended family , I do miss Vancouver and my life there. Looking forward to a great 2008.

No comments: