Monday, January 28, 2008

Upcoming event - Vancouver's Next Gay Top Model

I first heard about this event from the Georgia Straight, then I saw a link at VancouverVibe.ca, and finally I decided to check out the website. Something that really made me happy was to find out that the organizers are raising funds for an important charity: Friends for Life.

This past summer, I Blogathoned in support of 'A Loving Spoonful' (I doubt they actually knew that I did this to raise funds for them, but quite frankly I don't care - I did it because I thought it was a worthy cause). More information about Friends for Life:
The Vancouver Friends For Life Society serves as a catalyst to enhance the wellness of individuals living with a life threatening illness by providing complementary and alternative health and support services.

Friends For Life was built on the belief that no one should have to face the many challenges of serious illness alone. Our philosophy recognizes the connection between the mind and body with a view towards treating the whole person - the mind, body and soul - rather than treating the illness alone. [Friends for Life Society website]
This is a worthy cause and of course I encourage you to participate. It should be fun. The list of contestants (with pictures and all) can be found here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning Vancouver's Next Gay Top Model and the fact that all funds raised through this project will go directly to our charity FRIENDS FOR LIFE. All details about the project can be found at gaytopmodel.com
The final event, open to public to purchase tickets, is March 6, 2008 at Celebrities nightclub. Tickets now on sale at Little Sisters Bookstore and celebritiesnightclub.com site.