Friday, January 18, 2008

Upcoming event - Ecodensity workshops (Vancouver)

It annoys me to no end that important events aren't promoted and/or broadcasted in mainstream media. Even though I was alerted to these workshops by an email from my friend J, I didn't see it in the news. Thus, I make it my duty to try and promote local, Vancouver-based events whenever I can. This is one of those important dates you shouldn't miss.

Ecodensity workshops will take place in the remainder of January 2008 and February 2008. From the City of Vancouver's Ecodensity website, here are the dates of the next workshops. If you want to meet me in person, I'll most likely be at the January 30th (unless, of course, Vancouver Blogger Meetup is the same day - which then would mean that I'd have to attend another date for the workshop).

The workshop dates are as follows:[City of Vancouver Ecodensity website]

Saturday, January 26, 1 - 3:30 pm
Van Dusen Gardens, Floral Hall
5251 Oak Street
Map

Wednesday, January 30, 7 - 9:30 am
Polish Community Centre
4015 Fraser Street
Map

Sunday, February 3, 1 - 3:30 pm
Croatian Cultural Centre
3250 Commercial Drive
Map
*Chinese facilitation available

Tuesday, February 12, 7 -9:30 pm
St. James Hall
3214 West 10th Avenue
Map

Saturday, February 16, 1:30 - 4 pm
Chinese Cultural Centre
50 East Pender Street
Map
*Chinese facilitation available

Please RSVP to ecodensity@vancouver.ca

Let me note that the locations for the workshops are fairly low-to-medium density. I wonder how would West End or Yaletown residents react to Eco-Density workshops. Same thing goes for areas like Shaughnessy or Dunbar. At any rate, I think you should participate, and feel free to spread the word.

No comments: