Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Year in Review 2007 and a toast to 2008

Some of my readers may think that I'm a bit behind in the blogging. You are totally right. I have a visitor here from Canada, and it's not the same to try and do stuff, travel around, do sight-seeing, driving back and forth and try to juggle family time with other things, so I apologize for the very limited blogging. It has been great to hang out with ML, since she is so laid back and we share so many of the same values and traits. We both are fiercely loyal, we talk very directly, speak to each other with respect and understanding, so it's fun to travel with her. And I'm doing the driving, for a change!

When I get back to Vancouver, I will be uploading some photographs from our travels. Since I've maintained quite a low (anonymous) profile on the blogosphere, don't expect pictures of me or my friends on here :-) but you can of course expect pretty pictures from many sites in Mexico.

On to the matter of the post. Several other bloggers did their year in review a few days ago, and I haven't had the time to reflect on my year as much as I usually do. You could say that my 500th post was a year in review as well, but I always try to paint my writing with my own colours and shades.

2007 went by way too fast. I don't think I have had enough time to do all the things I wanted to do. But I have accomplished a lot. I finished writing a major piece of research, attended two conferences, gave a few talks, published a few journal articles, a few book chapters and will start writing a weekly column (in Spanish) for a newspaper.

But my biggest accomplishment, I think, was taking over my life again. I am the Raul I knew before: successful, self-assured, emotionally in control and happy. Yes, there were times in 2007 when I felt that I wasn't able to do the work I wanted, where I felt unhappy and tired. But I came back to doing what I love the most. And I'm looking forward to a great year!

Happy New Year 2008!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola, Raul !!
Feliz 2008.....como ves, el agua vuelve a su cauce, y yo aqui leyendote aunque todavia no haya escrito nada en mi blog desde el ano pasado. Espero que hayas disfrutado las vacaciones y que nos leamos prontito.
Gatitolindo

Anonymous said...

feliz 2008
gatitolindo

Raul said...

Gracias Gatitolindo!

:)